Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm "Glad" he's my dad

So I love Gladiolas. I am not sure why, but they capture a part of me other flowers can't.  Believe it or not I haven't made a huge deal about Gladiolas.  Whenever I have received flowers from my dad (and it's been pretty frequent) I usually get roses or daises.  I am happy to receive them whatever the occasion.  Apparently he was listening when I said how much I love Gladiolas because when he was at Lowe's getting supplies for his garden he picked up some Gladiola bulbs and proceeded to plant them in a "secret" place. So imagine my surprise when he took me over to the flower bed and there were Gladiola buds about to erupt.  I love how he thought of me and how beautiful they are.  Next year he plans on planting tons more because they turned out so wonderful this year.  I love my Dad and will always remember the Daddy Daughter Dates and the flowers he grew for me.



0 comments: