Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Peanut


I was telling a story today to one of my coworkers about Ben. The time when he rescued Meg and I from the dead mice in our apartment. He was the bravest nine year old I had ever known. Meg and I cheered him on while he cried and laughed the entire way to the trashcan. He is a senior this year and is officially old enough to put in his mission papers. I can't believe that my little peanut is a man. He is a good student, a true friend, caring, loving, talented, Christ like, funny, witty, and still just as brave. I love the relationship he and I have now that we are both adults, we laugh all the time. I am forever thankful for the grownup conversations we have shared. Thankful for the little brother that is willing to "beat up" anyone who hurts me. He helped me through my recent failed engagement with wisdom and clarity of the Spirit. I love him and am so excited for him to put in those papers, however dificult it will be to miss him. He is and always be my Peanut.

0 comments: